Thursday, August 13, 2009

Some idle moments...

Since last night, I have been wanting to write something, anything, just for the sake of having something to post in this blog. I grabbed my laptop at around 11:00 in the evening and thought of something to write. So many things crossed my mind like my shaking faith, a movie review on Ma Vie En Rose, my latest hoop-up, my crush who is just a neighbor whose name I still have to know, and even the death of Cory. But nothing came into writing. I gave it a rest that night hoping that some ideas would pop out the following day.

Disappointed about last night’s mental block, today at exactly 3:00 in the afternoon, I stopped working for a moment. I sat comfortably and stared out at the window looking far ahead waiting that some magical creature would display “Write something about sex!” in the sky like fireworks. Although it could be a great idea to write about but it just didn’t work out. I am still clueless. I still don’t have that urge, that burning desire, that inspiration.

I continued staring out at the window but not looking far ahead. I looked down this time at people passing by the street which is just five meters away from the building I was in. People-watching has always been my favorite way of wasting time. It is best when you have a friend who can laugh with you every time you make crazy and hilarious descriptions of the people passing by. Sometimes, it makes me sad when I see a child crying helplessly, with one hand gripping firmly on his mother’s skirt and the other with a piece of bread. I turn dark green in envy whenever I see lovers, ‘gay lovers’ that is, holding hands openly without having to worry about what people might say. I open my eyes wide and cleanse my glasses striving to have a clearer view whenever I see some cute guys approaching. You see, people-watching is not really a waste of time at all. It is fun!

My music has stopped. All the songs in my playlist have been played already. Josh Groban, Mariah Carey, Martina MacBride and Nickelback might have sore throats by now but still nothing came up. Now the rain has made it worse. Its sounds are so like a mother’s lullaby that you can’t help but to feel sleepy making you write off the idea of trying to have something to write about. It’s 4:45. It’s time to go home already but still my brain isn’t working. It’s blank. It’s void. I will wait again for tomorrow and tomorrows after that until I have that itch again.

It’s funny though that I just made a post with this. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahha...very natural & realistic melvs...mura sb ni sa song na.."where do i begin..(i donno know the title")