Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Wedding and My First Step on Leyte

If Kuya Rauy were there, it would have been perfect.

Last November 5, I together with four of my friends (we were officemates in a small audit firm we call BCH) have again squeezed our tight schedules to attend another friend’s (also from the same audit firm) wedding in her hometown Isabel, Leyte. Ef, short for Efemar Kristine is finally getting married after feeling desperate of finding her one true love. And before this desperation shatters her sanity, she found the man in the name of Rex, a classmate in gradeschool, who I believe is the perfect man for Ef’s rocker personality. I may not have known this guy personally but I think he has a good heart.

The wedding rites went on as usual except that I did not hear any Regine Velasquez songs played in the church which I think is one of the nicest I have ever been to. Well of course, it was Ef’s wedding not mine. The reception followed immediately after the ceremony. The food was great and the short program was fun. What was even funnier was when Cass and Dailou joined the rest of single ladies in the hall in a game where the winner will be partnered with the single guy who happened to be the winner as well of a previous game. (we all know how that goes in the wedding, right?) We wanted badly Cass to win so she can have this chance of meeting this guy. We almost rigged it so she can have him but unfortunately, she lost willingly to this sexy girl in a nice white dress.



Overall, I am very happy to see Ef and Rex, now husband and wife, and I wish them nothing but the best in life. And that God will continue to bless them with years of love, joy and togetherness and of course beautiful, intelligent and healthy children.

And since it was also my first time to step on Leyte, we did not waste time in visiting the must-sees of the province. We spent the first night strolling the streets of Ormoc City in the hope of finding a victim. The city is peaceful and very clean. Since I have been wanting to sing this Whitney Houston song All The Man That I Need wholeheartedly to Kuya Rauy, we ended up in a videoke bar called Vivo. And yes, I did sing the song but without the man that I need. (Lou, spare me some consolation, okay!) After some cup of melted sugar, I mean coffee mixed with a can of condensed milk, we walked towards their baywalk for some camwhoring and finally went back to hotel for the night’s rest.

The following day, a Sunday, we headed towards Tacloban City to see the Leyte Landing Monument, the exquisite Sto. Nino Shrine which was Imelda Marcos’ ancestral home and of course the infamous San Juanico Bridge. I was not really impressed on the Leyte Landing Monument primarily because it was noontime when we were there and it was scorching hot. What really amazed me was the Sto. Nino Shrine. For me it was a place of luxury and extravagance. The interiors of the house was simply stunning, not to mention very expensive. San Juanico Bridge on the hand may just be a normal bridge connecting Leyte and Samar for Maricel who happened to pass by it everyday during her college days, but for me it was historical. It was something some people only see in books and television. I also had my first step on Samar courtesy of that bridge. Time has flown so quickly that we need to get back to Ormoc to catch the ferry back to Cebu.





It was indeed fun. But like I said, it would have been more meaningful if Kuya were there. But there will always be next time. And next time, I will be singing You're Still My Man.

No comments: