Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The change in me...

There is nothing permanent in this world. Everything changes. And so does my name.

When I started to create this blog, I thought of a blog title that would be unique. Something that would speak what my blog is really about.. Then I came up with Lifamin Chalomot Mitgashmin. This is a song from Israel which literally means sometimes, dreams come true. I had explained why I had chosen this to be my blog name in my older post.

Then I think that I have to change it to something English so that people can easily pronounce and understand. Same with my old name, my new name comes from a song entitled the same. I first heard this song over Regine Velasquez’ Bantay Bata Concert years way back. This was written by no less than Mr. Ryan Cayabyab. There are many interpretations of this song by many of our talented local artists but Regine’s rendition just captured me. Her powerful voice and the amount of emotions that she has put in singing this standing-ovation-worthy song convey the real story.

The lyrics, I must say is genuinely magnificent. It tells exactly of what my love life is going though right now. This is not the Bantay Bata video. But I hope this still compensates.



We speak but the words we say mean nothing.
We smile but the smiles we give are wanting.
We look upon each other's eyes, no spark
No glow, no real signs, but we both know
This is all for show.

Until that sometime, somewhere,
We could show the world we have each other
Sometime, somewhere we need not hide out feelings,
We just keep on believing that we both have the time together
Sometime and somewhere, our lips would be free at last
To say the words we've hungered to say.

And we won't have to worry, we smile we won't say sorry
One look and we have cast our fears aside.
Sometime, that sometime will turn to forever, for all time.
Somewhere, our somewhere would not be just one place,
But everywhere.

Until that sometime, somewhere,
We just have to be content with stealing glances
Somehow, content with saying nothing, smiles that are
Always wanting. Though deep inside it hurts
Because we know that our love, like love,
Is what it is, it's what we got
Our love, like love will have to wait
Until that sometime, somewhere.


I hope this blog would not experience identity crisis again in the future just like the one writing this. And I hope that I would be able to find that sometime, somewhere with someone.

No comments: