Monday, November 24, 2008

Breathing death...

The office has undergone some renovations to provide more space for keeping files which are now fast mounting like bubbles. The built-in desk at the back was removed and replaced by cabinets for more storage. I could have appreciated these improvements more than I could actually rant complaining about migraine-triggering odor brought about by the paint applied on the cabinets. But the office is a merely 20sqm, fully air-conditioned room and there is no other way the stinky odor could escape to but our noses, our lungs eventually. Right now, as I am writing this, I am actually having breathing difficulty and feeling a little sense of discomfort forming right in middle of my forehead and just between my eyes.


So what is the problem?

The problem is people, I mean the higher ones, don’t actually make a move on how we could get out of that place or at the least, think of something that would lessen the destructive aroma. I made suggestions that maybe we can transfer to the other room, the conference room just so we could focus on working. But it seems I was talking to old, deaf-since-birth people. I did not get any answers or reactions for that matter.

I may not be knowledgeable in the exact clinical or medical effects that chemicals of the paint bring about but I know, my common sense tells me, that if you breathe something in aside from oxygen is alarming enough not to mention the headaches and the difficulty in breathing that we have experienced.

The higher ones may have forgotten that they are not generous enough to provide us health benefits or insurances in case this might go to a higher level, which I hope, would not happen. In the exercise of prudence, I am just being health conscious because to get sick these times could surely make you fall even lower than the poverty threshold. And I don’t want that to happen to me. I think everybody doesn’t.

In another words, they should be sensitive enough. They have options. Like I said we have an extra room, or they could provide us with masks perhaps, or anything that can alleviate our suffering. Or to exaggerate, provide us with health benefits and insurances! The latter is absolutely remote in consideration.

For the time being, I am using the coat of Sherlie to cover my nose and inhale from time to time my favorite Betet. If Ef can read this, I hope she doesn’t slap me with that question again. "When are you all leaving?"

If only everything were alright, I would. I will.

1 comment:

A Future Lawyer said...

That so inconsiderate and unconcerned musketeers there. Money centered management. Don't wait Vinx, act it out. Decide!