Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Unsent letter...

I woke up this morning with a great feeling. I dreamed of my special friend who owns a very significant part of my heart. Why am I dreaming about him again? Could he be thinking about me too? I could only wish! To savor that magical moment, I went through my memory bag, this is where I stored all the, as the name suggests, memorabilia. Here, I keep old pictures, birthday cards, letters, tags of the gifts my friends gave me on my birthdays, and many other things which hold special meaning to me. And I found this unsent letter, supposedly for this special friend I just dreamed about. I can’t help but smile at how I was so into him before as I read the letter. I think I wrote this sometime in May of 2002. I am sharing this letter here not hoping that he would actually be able to read this sometime but because I just want to. It has been more than half a decade and absolutely, the intensity has gone a little dreary. I did not send this before for fear of being ridiculed or worse, rejected. Now, I don’t care if he knows about how I felt for him during those times. Here it goes.

Dear J,

When I left Cebu for Surigao, I promised I am not going to write letters to the people I loved there. Nor I would know any information regarding their lives. All I know is that I am going to meet all of you after five years. Wouldn’t that be very surprising? But I realized how painful would that be for me when one day, I only wake up losing all of you. That is why in a moment, I feel like breaking that promise.

My batchmates (5th batch in SOM) have already graduated in college. I am left behind because of the two years I spent with my interest in earning money. But never had it crossed my mind to regret those two years because that was the most beautiful time that ever happened to my life. I learned to value work, conquer fear, possess self-confidence and most especially, I have learned to love. Somehow, I also felt I was loved and this always makes me long for Cebu just to be with all of you. I really, really missed the days we had fun together. I missed my work though monotonous and the laughter I had with Ate Rowena, Ate Jean and of course with you and Efren. Those ecstatic memories have always been registered in my mind and in my heart. I do really hope I can come again to attend the alumni homecoming because I really yearn to see the school and the people there.

May the best of luck be with you always as you pursue your ambition in life. I firmly believe in your capacity that you can surpass all the trials and you can survive that pursuit of attaining success. In your school, make the best that you can. Show to your mates that you are excellent because I believe you are. And don’t ever forget that you have someone who is always praying for your success and happiness. As they say, life is never easy. You have to be wrong to learn what is right; struggle to persevere, hurt to be stronger, fall to rise again, lose to try harder and to love to conquer them all.

June 2, 2002 is a very special day for you. This is the time when you will bid goodbye to the teenage years and say welcome to adulthood. In your 20th birthday, all I wish is good health and a happier life or should I say happier love life. You only have one more year to go to be called a full-fledged man. The future may seem unclear and indeterminable but one thing is for sure, this time and forever, you are always loved.

Until then! Reply me asap.

Always,

Vinx

Of course, there was no reply as this is in the first place unsent. J is just his initial. I still want to keep him anonymous here because I don’t want to stir other people’s lives he may have connected with now. The letter is so corny and gay, I know, but I don’t actually give a damn. Now, he remains to be a good friend and I am so happy and contented about that. Some things are not meant to be, maybe in another lifetime.

1 comment:

A Future Lawyer said...

Happy new year~!

Keeping memorablia huh... lucky J, who have this sweet letter from you. I agree, there are just somethings that is not for you...I am glad you have accepted that fact already because I haven't yet!hahahaa!stubborn me. ;(