Saturday, March 26, 2011

Janver and Michael Wedding: A Reunion

“What God has joined, let no one separate it.”

I, together with some of my closest friends, have become living witnesses to that testament. Last March 19th, Janver, portmanteau of her real name Janice Veriña finally tied the knot with her long-time boyfriend Michael in Dumaguete City Cathedral. It was a simple yet very heartwarming ceremony not just for couple’s family but also for us, her friends who took a break from work and came all the way from Cebu and Iligan. It sort of became a little reunion for all of us.

I first came to know Janver when we were assigned by the auditing firm we used to work for, in Victorias City, Negros Occidental. We did not initially click because she was very silent. But when I discovered that she was from St. Paul University Dumaguete (I was from St. Paul University Surigao), the closeness became imminent. Even if our assignment was short-lived, the friendship that was created has obviously lived on.

Here are proofs of that friendship that I think will last forever.





Clearly, the time and distance did not hinder us to catch up with each other. The wedding became an avenue to reminisce the past and laugh at moments of sheer stupidity and plan and dream for the future. I am happy that I found such company with these kind people because I know that no matter what happens, we would always be there for each other.

I would have wished Ef , Janice Banal and Aimee were there. It would have been more fun and exciting if the entire gang was complete. But there will always be another wedding to attend to. The question now is whose?

As for the new couple, I just wish them lifetime of joy and togetherness and of course healthy and beautiful kids. Congratulations Janice and Michael!!!

No comments: