Friday, September 5, 2008

The best Christmas song ever...

It's just September but it must be really true that we have the longest celebration of Christmas in the world. Filipinos think that when the month ending with “ber” starts, the celebration begins. The people are starting to decorate their homes and we can hear Christmas carols over the radio and everywhere.

When talking of songs, there is nothing I can think of than O Holy Night. For me, it is perfect. It says of the salvation that Christ brought to earth upon his birth. It signifies of a new hope to start a new life and sin no more. It implies an end to sadness and gives a way to happiness and joy.

I have heard many known artists who have their individual interpretation of this song but have to do curtsy to Mariah Carey’s rendition. I don’t know exactly when she recorded this but I heard it during a Christmas outreach program in college way back in 2000. I was immediately enthralled by the power of her voice. It was amazing! The piece was especially arranged for her voice and her range. Here, Regine Velasquez, Kyla, Jonalyn Viray and many others tried to do her version but totally failed, as far as my expectation is concerned.

Watch and listen to this and you’ll understand what I am talking about.

1 comment:

notsovictor said...

haha. i love Christmas songs too. all my friends think that's odd but who cares, right.

you might wanna try

have yourself a merry little christmas - sarah mclachlan

sleigh ride - ella fitzgerald

winter wonderland - amy grant