Sunday, September 14, 2008

If ony I were the judge..

The Pinoy Dream Academy has just closed its academic season with Laarni as the Grand Star Dreamer. Like most of the Filipinos here and abroad, I devoted an hour every night to watch the scholars making their way to becoming the grand winner. From checking on their websites and memorizing the songs they have performed, to checking out their friendster accounts, to debating with officemates as who would be the best and who would we want to go home, I was literally a fan!


I was disappointed with the results of this season, especially with regards to Miguel. Okay, he may have the looks but he definitely has to work hard on his vocals because he has such a limited range. It was obvious during their performance night that he was trying really hard to hit notes which were effortlessly done by his counterparts, Van and Bugoy. He was just lost. And to know that he came third beating Liezel and my personal favorite Van was frustrating for me. I don’t have anything against Laarni as the winner because she deserved it. Bugoy on the other hand can’t be the champion basically because of his looks. I know I am being mean and unfair. I just feel that if he would be the winner, he can’t give justice to the title. He would have issues like his sexuality which will really ruin him inside and would eventually lead to his collapse.

Miguel should have been eliminated earlier on the show. He was a consistent probationary scholar and if it were not for the money of his family, he would have gone like candle in the wind. His performances were absolutely substandard. I would rather stay longer on the line of the phone listening to the background music when the operator puts you on hold than watching him on stage performing like an old wedding singer. Liezel and Van are way more deserving.

Technically and based on what I have seen, this would have been the final results. Laarni as the winner, Bugoy, Van, Liezel, Cris and never mind.

(Photo credits:www.photobucket.com)

No comments: