Friday, May 9, 2008

Another night of immorality...

May 7, 2008, Gabby texted me that a grand opening night of a certain gaybar in Mandaue would be happening the next day. I was excited. I know that when it comes to things like this, I could never say no. I thought it must be really a big show because it coincided with the annual fiesta of the city. So the plan would be like this. Since I still have to report to work, I would have to go to his house, have dinner and head for the bar.

But the plan was amended when we knew that the opening would not push through. We then think of Mr. J, a restaurant along Sanciangco and Pelaez Sts. Philmar said that the place would not be conducive for people like Gabby and me because most people who go there are teenagers and he even said that it was cheap. Nevertheless, out of curiosity, we proceeded. The place is not like any other bars or restaurant that I have been to before. It was literally simple, and cheap. There was no entrance fee. The entire place was just secured by a wooden fence, which I think would be very easy to break when worse comes to worst. The entire space was divided into two. Near the entrance is the open area. By open, I mean, there was no roof. There were already a number of people drinking when we got there. The other part is the closed area. What else would I call the opposite of the open area? Right? Anyway, it was closed in its simplest sense because it had a roof and, walls. This area was dark. The only light that illuminated the whole area was the lamp near the DJ's desk. I could see that there were also a number of people sitting on the table, and they were mostly couples. And oh, I felt that something was happening in there. Something mysterious. Something illegal. Something gay.

We stayed for like an hour and drank a couple of beer to see if indeed there were dirtiness. We spotted some prospects, in fairness, but never got the chance to take them out. It was almost 10pm when we decided to go to Jane's Partner, a bar in Lapu-lapu City. As usual, we were just there sitting and joyfully staring at the display of male dancing on stage with barely a little cloth on their bodies. It's always a sight to behold. I don't know but seeing those heavenly creatures dancing with their threateningly huge birds always gives me an orgasm. Am I exaggerating?

After almost three hours, we decided to go back to Mr. J and hopefully would be able to take out our prospects. But alas, we found out that the bar was closed already. Dismayed by this fact, we headed to Juliana's and just ended the night, the dawn I mean, dancing.

Being with friends like Gabby and Jakim in adventures like this is always fun and, tiresome. We may have not successfully taken out our prospects, we still managed to take the night away. Next time, I will make sure nga dili na ko maglukdo ug kalabasa. Promise!!

No comments: