Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just trying to be one...

I was very apprehensive at first if I would continue making this blog. I don’t really have the writing prowess like that of Jessica Zafra, Girard and Nikki. I don’t even know if I would be able to finish this post. But I really love to write. I love to scribble every event that is happening in my life. And I want to read everything I write.

I have learned from a blogger that he started apprehensive too. He knew he can write but was never confident. He didn’t know if he would have readers. He didn’t know if his stories would come out interesting. Nevertheless, he believed that by continually writing about even anything would eventually enhance his writing skill. And it did. Now, as I read his recent posts, I can say that indeed he has improved a lot. He becomes an artistic write rather than just an ordinary one. He writes his stories in a very creative way that a reader cannot help but anticipates his next posts.

I want to be like him.

Although, blogging is like more of a personal thing for me, I want it to be worth-reading also. I initially just wanted to share my experiences with other people by making this blog. I just wanted to write things that interest me. But I had in mind that by doing so, I might as well try to the best I could to make my posts worth reading.

Honestly, when I was in college, I was less confident about being part of the school paper. I knew in my heart and in my mind that I was never trained to do something like writing. I was even a little ashamed of the articles I wrote. I know that I know correct basic English (thanks to my high school English teachers) but writing is totally a different story. It requires a creative mind to be able to come out with interesting topics. And I just don’t have that. I don’t know why Nikki invited me to join her in the school paper. She might have seen something in me. Having been invited, I thought that maybe I had a little chance indeed. In my four years in the school paper, I believe I have improved my writing. I may not be the greatest writer the school had, but I spent most of my happy days in college in the school paper. But that’s another story.

Anyway, I am reviving my spirit about writing because I really want to be a good one. I want to expand my vocabularies. I want to be creative. I want to share my ideas even the modest ones. I want to maximize everything that my brain is capable of doing. I want to be someone less than Jessica Zafra but greater than Cristy Fermin!

No comments: