Thursday, May 8, 2008

The truth behind my name...

I was wondering what to name this blog. It should be something unique. Something original. And of course something which has a story.

Lifamim Chalomot Mitgashmim is a Hebrew song which literally means Sometimes Dreams Come True. This song was performed by the winners of the Kokhav Nolad, Israel’s version of American Idol namely Harel Moyal, the champion, Harel Skaat, the first runner up and Adi Cohen, the second runner up. It was Dailou, my officemate who introduced me to this song, well singers. And since then, I have been crazy over them.




Hatikvah kvar aruzahbetoch kufsa v'rudah
vehakol nir'eh muzarbe'eretz lo nod'a
hagalgal shuv mistovevme'al masach ashan
veha'or hamehavhevzoher alai achshav.

Lif'amim chalomot mitgashmimlif'amim,
k'shehalev od tamim
lif'amim, beleil kayitz chamim
lif'amim chalomot mitgashmim.

Hash'vilim shemovilimle'eretz hachalom
niftachim umegalim et kol rig'ei hatom,
orot hak'rach dolkim achshav
bechol chadrei halev,
betoch tochi yesh hargashah
shel osher mitkarev.

Lif'amim chalomot mitgashmim...

Pirchei halev mitorerim bemilion tzva'im,
vehashamaim zoharim mul sha'ar hap'laim
od dakah bachashechah,vehamon kolot,
ulai achshav, ulai machar,akum el toch chalom.

Lif'amim chalomot mitgashmim...

Of the three, I was most amazed by Harel Skaat. He has such an excellent voice and a stunning star appeal. It was love at first sight, I must say. Although, I did not understand their songs, I make it a point to search on google to know what they were trying to convey. I may have twisted my tongue to sing their songs, but it was always fun.

So there.

No comments: